By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the ancient importance of his years as president
- Covers the entire variety of themes, from the social and civil rights reforms of the nice Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new facts that has come to gentle throughout the liberate of round 8,000 cellphone conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
This ebook demonstrates that apportionment, even though lengthy neglected through students, ruled nation politics in past due nineteenth-century the US, surroundings the limits not just for legislative districts yet for the character of consultant democracy. The booklet examines the fierce struggles over apportionment within the Midwest, the place a particular constitutional and electoral context formed their path with momentous results.
Over the past a number of a long time, educational discourse on racial inequality has centred totally on political and social concerns with considerably much less consciousness at the advanced interaction among race and economics. African americans within the U. S. economic system represents a contribution to contemporary scholarship that seeks to reduce this imbalance.
Inequality and taxation are basic difficulties of contemporary instances. How and while can democracies tax financial elites? This booklet develops a theoretical framework that refines and integrates the vintage suggestions of business's instrumental (political) energy and structural (investment) energy to provide an explanation for the scope and destiny of tax projects focusing on fiscal elites in Latin the USA after fiscal liberalization.
How deepest teams more and more set public coverage and keep watch over liveswith little public wisdom or realization. From accrediting medical professionals and legal professionals to atmosphere criteria, inner most teams determine some of the public guidelines in today’s complex societies. but this crucial position of nongovernmental teams is essentially overlooked by way of those that learn, train, or document on public coverage matters.
- Trump: Anatomy of a Monstrosity
- The Substance of Representation: Congress, American Political Development, and Lawmaking (Princeton Studies in American Politics: Historical, International, and Comparative Perspectives)
- Switzerland and the European Union: A Close, Contradictory and Misunderstood Relationship (Europe and the Nation State)
- The European Council and the Council: New intergovernmentalism and institutional change
- Student's Guide to the Supreme Court (Student's Guide to the U.S. Government)
- Global Geostrategy: Mackinder and the Defence of the West (Geopolitical Theory)
Additional info for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Mitchell B. Lerner