By Shamar Rinpoche
In this ebook, Shamar Rinpoche, the Fourteenth Shamarpa, introduces the 10th Karmapa via his translations of the Karmapa’s autobiographical writings and an eighteenth century biography of him. As a right away lineage-descendant from the 6th Shamarpa—the Karmapa’s guru—the Shamar Rinpoche stocks his detailed wisdom and adventure via wide annotations and a historic evaluation of Tibet from the 13th via 17th century.
The textual content of A Golden Swan in Turbulent Waters: The lifestyles and instances of the 10th Karmapa Choying Dorje is complemented by means of maps and colour illustrations depicting locations the place the Karmapa lived and his prolific creative paintings, with a few item pictures being released for the 1st time.
Read Online or Download A Golden Swan in Turbulent Waters: The Life and Times of the Tenth Karmapa Choying Dorje PDF
Best buddhism books
Terribly profound is the Sutta Nipatta, that's the oldest sacred e-book is Buddhist Literature. it's a relatively real model of the Buddha`s discourses beacuse of its antiquity, Language and contents. Susunga Weeraperuma`s trustworthy and masterly rendering of the Sutta Nipata deepens our realizing of the lessons.
The Western snapshot of Tibet as a sacred land is in lots of methods a legendary development. however the Tibetans themselves have frequently mapped out their land by way of components of sacred area, and pilgrimage, making sure a excessive measure of mobility inside of all sessions of Tibetan society. Pilgrims travelled to neighborhood, local, and nationwide centres all through recorded Tibetan historical past.
Jeffrey L. Broughton deals an annotated translation of the Whip for Spurring scholars Onward throughout the Chan Barrier Checkpoints (Changuan cejin), which he abbreviates to Chan Whip. This anthology, compiled through Yunqi Zhuhong (1535-1615), has served as a Chan instruction manual in either China and Japan on account that its booklet in 1600.
Many folks adventure existence via such a lot of conceptual filters that we by no means realize the liberty and pleasure which are inherent in us—and are in truth the essence of who we're. we will be able to become older no longer knowing that probably the most strong instruments to flee the painful knots we tie ourselves in is, actually, at our fingertips: our physique.
- In the Company of Friends: Exploring Faith and Understanding with Buddhists and Christians
- Samadhi: The Highest State of Wisdom: Yoga the Sacred Science: Yoga the Sacred Science Volume One: 1
- The Collected Works of Chogyam Trungpa: Volume Seven: The Art of Calligraphy (Excerpts); Dharma Art; Visual Dharma (Excerpts); Selecte d Poems; Selected Writings: 7
- Lack and Transcendence: The Problem of Death and Life in Psychotherapy, Existentialism, and Buddhism
- The Scientific Buddha: His Short and Happy Life (The Terry Lectures Series)
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness Buddhism Guide Book: Finding Happiness in Zen Buddhism (Self-Help & Counselling Book 4)
Extra info for A Golden Swan in Turbulent Waters: The Life and Times of the Tenth Karmapa Choying Dorje
A Golden Swan in Turbulent Waters: The Life and Times of the Tenth Karmapa Choying Dorje by Shamar Rinpoche