By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book that keeps and expands at the original's exact acoustical basics whereas including sensible formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college students in engineering departments and as a reference for training engineers, this e-book makes a speciality of electroacoustics, examining the habit of transducers as a result of electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit conception, it starts off by way of guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and common terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, corresponding to classrooms, places of work, auditoriums, and residing rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given in the course of the textual content to make the cloth simply appropriate to useful layout. it's a helpful source for experimenters, acoustical experts, and to people who expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book Acoustics
- Provides distinct acoustic basics, allowing larger figuring out of advanced layout parameters, dimension equipment, and data
- Extensive appendices conceal frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
Utilizing straight-forward language and sensible examples, Philip Newell covers the most important ideas of creating a winning studio building. during this 3rd variation of Recording Studio layout, he can provide the talents you must stay away from catastrophe and create an effective and powerful acoustical atmosphere to checklist and convey the fineset audio.
Guiding you thru the heritage and emergence of recent getting to know innovations, then delivering functional tricks and how one can use them on your manage, sensible learning is the booklet for anyone interested in tackling this elusive artwork shape. giving you offered gaining knowledge of thought underpinned by way of years event and hands-on suggestion for purchasing the main from your manage whereas honing your ears to successfully and successfully take heed to your mixes so that it will create completely polished grasp tracks.
Acoustic and MIDI Orchestration for the modern Composer, moment variation offers powerful reasons and illustrations to coach you the way to combine conventional methods to orchestration with using the fashionable sequencing strategies and instruments to be had to today’s composer. via overlaying either methods, Pejrolo and DeRosa supply a complete and multifaceted studying adventure that would strengthen your orchestration and sequencing abilities and increase your ultimate productions.
Song Supervision, or matching tune to television, movie, new media, games, dwell occasions, manufacturers, and a bunch of different media, is a fast-growing profession direction. This booklet publications you thru real-world eventualities and criminal landmines, profiles key avid gamers, explores blending and sound layout, and gives time-saving undertaking shape templates.
- Anwendung von Musik im Alltag: Theorie und Validierungsstudien zum IAAM (Systematische Musikwissenschaft und Musikkulturen der Gegenwart 5) (German Edition)
- Analytic Methods of Sound Field Synthesis (T-Labs Series in Telecommunication Services)
- Noise Mapping in the EU: Models and Procedures
- Web Marketing for the Music Business
Additional resources for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow