By Ivan T. Berend
Read or Download An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization PDF
Similar european history books
There were quite a few stories in fresh many years of the medieval inquisitions, so much emphasizing higher social and political situations and neglecting the position of the inquisitors themselves. during this quantity, Karen Sullivan sheds much-needed mild on those participants and divulges they'd choices—both the alternative of no matter if to play an element within the orthodox repression of heresy and, extra often, the alternative of even if to procedure heretics with zeal or with charity.
The Peutinger Map is still the only real medieval survivor of an imperial world-mapping culture. It depicts many of the inhabited international because it was once recognized to the ancients, from Britain's southern sea coast to the farthest reaches of Alexander's conquests in India, exhibiting rivers, lakes, islands, and mountains whereas additionally naming areas and the peoples who as soon as claimed the panorama.
This 2007 publication analyzes how West German intellectuals debated the Nazi prior and democratic way forward for their nation. instead of continuing occasion through occasion, it highlights the underlying concerns at stake: the query of a stigmatized state and the polarized reactions to it that established German dialogue and reminiscence of the Nazi prior.
A grand, sweeping old drama. Set in Medieval England in the course of a demanding time as a the rustic waits for the hot king to be topped. A captivating, richly distinctive tale of intrigue and passion.
- Gender and Christianity in Medieval Europe: New Perspectives (The Middle Ages Series)
- The Berlin Wall: Over 25 Years After Fall: Tracking the Remnant from the Wedding District to the Oberbaum Bridge
- Readings in Medieval History, Fifth Edition
- Domesday Tables for the Counties of Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, Hertford, Buckingham & Bedford & for the New Forest : With an Appendix on the Battle of Hastings
- The Ghosts of Europe: Journeys through Central Europe's Troubled Past and Uncertain Future
Extra resources for An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization
An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization by Ivan T. Berend