By Eugene H. Merrill
Read or Download An Historical Survey of the Old Testament PDF
Best christian reference books
The e-book of Proverbs is the place to begin of the biblical knowledge culture. yet how did person proverbs, directions and poems come jointly to shape a number of the collections we've this present day? Katharine Dell explores the prospective social contexts for this various fabric within the royal courtroom, knowledge colleges and pop culture.
The results of over thirty years of study and lecturing, Paul via Mediterranean Eyes is a ground-breaking examine of Paul's first epistle to the Corinthians. Bailey examines this canonical letter during the lenses of Paul's Jewish socio-cultural and rhetorical heritage and the Mediterranean context of the Corinthian recipients.
At a time whilst previous testomony and New testomony experiences are thought of to be very varied initiatives, this significant new paintings by way of Charles Scobie bargains an method of biblical theology intended to soak up the total sweep of divine revelation. finished in scope, this e-book covers each element of biblical theology.
In 1981 a chain of likelihood encounters led me to take part within the excavation of an archaeological website in Israel. Early on, our excavation printed that the location were the scene of a striking sequence of occasions that shall we tie to precise biblical texts. operating with these and different texts, i've been pushed to check comparable archaeological, anthropological, topological, geographical, and old proof.
- Literary Structure and Setting in Ezekiel (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- Islands, Islanders, and the Bible: RumInations (Semeia Studies Book 77)
- Gleaning Ruth: A Biblical Heroine and Her Afterlives (Studies on Personalities of the Old Testament)
- The Gospel according to Luke (The Pillar New Testament Commentary (PNTC))
- The Hebrew New Testament Misunderstanding and related issues
- KJV Standard Lesson Commentary® 2016-2017
Additional resources for An Historical Survey of the Old Testament
An Historical Survey of the Old Testament by Eugene H. Merrill